COVID-19 has officially swept the nation, and now home offices are becoming the new normal. Many people have adapted to changes, but some are still finding it difficult to create an efficient working space at their homes. And without the right furniture or space, working from home can seem like a chore rather than a refreshing experience. Here at Adept Office Furniture, we are the experts of office furniture and know what essentials you need to help you be the most productive.
From office chairs to desks, cabinets and working stations, we can help you find the right furniture to suit your needs. With the right environment and office furniture, working from home will seem like a breeze. Keep reading on and find out what furniture items you should have in your home office
- The Right Chair: Finding the right chair for your home office is very important, as you are going to spend a lot of time there. Most office chairs will be comfortable for the first few hours but after they can cause a lot of discomfort throughout the day. That isn’t ideal especially since you will be spending around 7-8 hours at your desk each day. A comfortable chair you should consider is an Ergonomic chair. Ergonomic chairs provide amazing comfort and will feel comfortable throughout the whole day. They can also be adjusted to suit the height of your desks and length of your arms, so you won’t need to lean forward every two seconds.
- A Flexible Desk: One of the most important furniture pieces in your home office is your desk. You want to choose one that suits your workload, style and colour scheme. Plus, you want a desk that offers flexibility and boosts your productivity. The perfect desk for this would be a height-adjustable one. These desks are very versatile and give you a break from sitting down. In addition, standing desks also boost your productivity as it keeps you more focussed and alert on the task at hand. Standing desks come in a variety of sizes, so you can easily choose one that will suit your workload as well.
- Appropriate Storage: An essential item that always gets overlooked in home offices is storage and it definitely shouldn’t! Unlike commercial working spaces, home offices are usually smaller. Which makes investing in storage units a smart idea. Cabinets and storage units can make your home office look more professional and attractive. Plus, file cabinets and other storage units will ensure that important files are kept safe while at home.
- An Organized Bookcase: Getting an attractive book-case for your home office will give it the colour, style and wow-factor it needs. This piece of furniture can be a focal point in your office and be a place for you to keep books, magazines and other work items. Some bookcases come with additional storage draws as well, which can be extremely beneficial.
- Attractive Office Accessories: At most commercial workplaces, they have an abundance of office accessories, such as accessory trays, pencil trays, monitor arms and more. These accessories are also essential for home offices as they keep stationery, files and the overall desk organised. You can also get accessories such as chair mats that help moving around your desk easier. So, think about your day to day tasks and what files or actions you will be doing. Then you can determine what accessories you need to streamline your work and finish off your home office.
Here at Adept Office Furniture, we have been helping many Australians design their home office with quality furniture. We understand these times are uncertain, and we will always be here to help. From chairs to desks, accessories and more, Adept Office has everything you need for your home office. With us, you can design an efficient home office with quality furniture that will boost your productivity and make your work feel easy. You can check out our wide range of home office furniture on our site, or you can call our friendly team on (03) 9484 0766 for further information.